We spoke to a hair salon Sydney CBD based to find out the best cuts going around this year for the ladies. There is nothing like the feeling of being reborn when you step out onto the streets for the first time with a fresh cut. Are you ready for a new look?
Check out our list of ideas for your next cut…
Oh, and we’ve grouped them into longer, medium, short, and pixie cuts for your convenience.
A long cut isn’t just great for hiding secrets, it can also be incredibly aesthetic. To kick things off, we ask our hair salon in Sydney CBD about what they have in store for those who want to preserve their luscious long locks.
- Shaggy sections with a deep side part can highlight the multi-layers going on.
- Layers framing the face highlights the different tiers, from the graceful falling locks, to the fringe, to swirling shaped sides that pop.
- The V-cut. One of the most defining features of this, according to the hair salon in Sydney CBD, is the heavy layering to create this shape that brings the cut to a seamless convergence, creating depth and dimension.
- Modern 70’s style layering, looks something like concave layers, shorter bits of face-framing and a fringe section lining the cheekbone, the ends cut with a straight razor.
Our hair salon in Sydney CBD also has a few top picks for the medium, shoulder lengths.
- Urban edgy, specially crafted shaved but styled ad blended sides. Finish with a blow dry and curling iron, running your fingers through your locks.
- ‘Smooth and chic’ with thick even ends is clean and sleek. Perfect for a city gal coming out of a hair salon in Sydney’s cosmopolitan CBD.
- Layered tousles, create a slight off-centre look. This shoulder length cut goes great with subtle colour.
- A messy shoulder length cut with an ombre preserves the natural root colour, with fun, flowing texture.
Can be low-maintenance and can be made to work for all types – thick and thin alike. You can really play around with face framing, says our hair salon in Sydney CBD.
- The sassy short and simple cut is a concave at the back of the head with shorter pieces, opening up with longer pieces toward the front. These can be tucked behind the ears, with the look one of elegance and ease.
- The multi-dimensional, with a slightly shorter length at the back. Our hair salon in Sydney CBD describes this as textured lines from the cut, great for both wavy and straight locks.
- This bob-cut has a diagonal fringe (or no fringe at all) and disconnected undercut in the nape area is contemporary and feminine.
Coming out of a hair salon in Sydney CBD, last but not least, is an assortment of popular cuts among the chic pixies out there.
- A short layered bowl creates a cute modern hipster look. Cuts of this variety are a great way to stay cool in the summer.
- Layers can be paired with a deep side part, and side shaves. This is one of the year’s most iconic pixie looks.
- ‘Short and shaggy’ is what our hair salon in Sydney CBD calls this when you’ve got wavy locks. Soft tousles fall where they may or you can comb over how you wish to play around with this delightful number.
- If you want to stand out in the crowd, people will definitely be noticing the short but flamboyant burnt orange short pixie cut.